Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Ten Songs I Never Need to Hear Again and Who My Guitar Heroes Really Are Part I


hey---sorry but we have been sick--yes some sick slicks. before i forget though--yes that's my guitar strap--truthfully i own the same probably bought it the same year. mine's a lil beat but i've always thought--only thing jimi and i have in common.

oh yeah i eventually owned a strat and i play guitar(but i don't think you can mention my name and jimi's in the same sentence)--oops--oh yeah his birthday is one day before mine--whoa---anyway i'll be talking some more on jimi--just a little later-----since i haven't ranted in a while-----here's todays--

now you need to understand as mentioned in past i love music-seriously--rock and roll---actually a bunch of diverse stuff but --anywho-at my desk i have a boom-box type thingy-so the freedoms there to c/d or radio--so whilst i work i listen to "what i want"---un-fortun-otly--------outside my area two usual fm stations--one "the rock station" other "classic rock"----as in past rants of this type drek ---here's my top ten list--------
SONGS I NEVER--YES NEVER---NEED TO HEAR AGAIN E V E R!!!
pardon me---not really in order---just 10--yeck-cough--kaka--

1.lee michaels---do you know what i mean-------yes i do---no that's the name of the song--huh--
oh wait--this could get abbott and costello-ish----soooo--don't know why--this gets play---it was bad when it came out--and----honestly saw this guy open for hot tuna-jeff starship--in the day---and i remember searching the hallways of the spectrum for reasons of "why not be seated
right now"

2.rock n roll----mr (is it really ok to call him mister) gary glitter!!!!--if you don't know why---google him--besides every time i hear it---i visualize being in homer simpsoms' brain--

3.anything by boston------tom---don't know which interstellar laser weapon you helped invent--but i guess--"we owe you"something--and you'll have something to fall back on--

4.rocky mountain way---love you joe walsh---but after all this time-----my ears are bleeding

5.steve miller----whatever the name of the song---that you stole the riff of "rocky mountain way"---i dunno-burning-turning-churning something----anyway---george harrison owed--or should have owed nothing to ms.spector--if you didn't tip joe walsh--for ripping him off----

6.oh here goes-----golden earring--say no more--

7.anything by bush-------ha dubya-------!!!!---allright number seven--american pie----
if i have to listen for 18 minutes---please play--inagadda davita --baby----or "beatbox guitar"-----(this is brought to you by--the adrian belew power trio)----sorry-i love them

8.aerosmith--train kept a rollin//cum together(yes)----now i know these are two songs---
and it's come together--sorry jake-(as george used to refer to him)--also sorry keith--
people--PEOPLE---yardbirds----oh somebody thinks they are me--or maybe mick---anyway--
like the list says---never-needed by me--again

9.fool in the rain---especially---when its raining!!---sorry jimbo---this song has sucked-since
released----now---in this vein--ccr--who'll stop the rain------and/or--(sorry eric) let it rain--
hey radio stations---do you play--"turning japanese" every time a 14 year old---yanks---oh sorry---"did i say that"---

10.supertramp

NUF SAID!!

and now for something completely diffy------but slightly re-lated---i must have had plenty of coffee tonight---------i've wanted to get this done a while ago-- i'll start with this is my list---
these are my GUITAR HEROES and a little about why-or what-ever---
1--number one-----JIMI
never to rub in your faces people---but yes may--1970 temple stadium---oh probably 15 ft off front of stage---i saw him---play--------yea that's what you call it--i think---or did it play him----
whether the strats--or gibson flying v--for blues stuff----i have never--seen,felt,ex-perienced-
a musician like the man.he had the chops-the show-the personality(if the right night)-to make you smile,cry feel the power of music--especially--"music done right"--mitch drummed,billy cox on bass----what a day------sometime in the future--i'll tell the whole tale----
but back to mr,jimi----i guess the first time i heard--are you--ex--it just changed me
those times were so unbelievable as far as abundance of masterpieces---and just when digested
axis bold as love----whoa--my mind can't grow this fast----
do you have time to listen to---electric ladyland------where's the sunshine??--
(the brown acid is not too good)(take this with a grain)--oh yeah woodstock---
well there have been copies--(randy hanson)(blackface)(not very p/c)---and people point to robin trower--stevie ray--and others--(randy california)---and i love all last three--but
in my opinion---my number one guitar hero----will always be jimi hendrix
and what a mind--a feel for expanding/exploding what an instrument could do.
well you heard some rants----
started my list
it will continue
and who will be number two????
NUMBER TWO--did you really do number two?????----------told ya--too much caffffffeeeiiinne
later---s-r-f---aka---gary
oh by the way--check adrianbelew.net---for tour schedule---say hi to the "band"for me

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Tickledrop said...

Fuckin' A. I got to a point where I was burnt out on all the radio play... that was around 1980. I ventured off into heavy industrial music for several years and was brought back to mainstream by The Grateful Dead. Yep, it was their shows that made me feel like mainstream was not so bad after all. Believe me, I never expected that from seeing the Dead. But the brown tabs .... nevermind, I'll share that another time...

I've explained and discussed Adrian for over 20 years now. Every time somebody would ask, "Hey Rena, who's your favorite band/musician?" I would proudly answer "ADRIAN" which was always followed by the usual question "Who's that?" FUCK! What is wrong with this world? Yeah, I've seen lots of shows - check some of them out here - over the years, but none do it for me like seeing Adrian play. I've always loved it!

On another note, I would give all I have to give to hear and see my wonderful husband play again. Yeah I have tapes, but it's not the same. I wish he could see my face as I watch him play. Dang I miss that man.

February 20, 2008 at 10:56 AM  
Blogger garyslick said...

hey lady-like i said---in my rant--
i'm lucky with the boom-box at desk
i just get tired---and know --a lot of other people feel the same way--most of these--"classic rock" stations--seem to play loops of songs--8.00 am one day--same next day at 11.00---they just need to di-vers-ify---as always-peace-talk to you soon---gary

February 20, 2008 at 11:55 AM  
Blogger Tickledrop said...

same bat time, same bat channel. i think it's A/C D/C that's our classic rock's favorite. as you said, like clockwork.

February 20, 2008 at 4:47 PM  
Blogger Tickledrop said...

Dude. How are you doing? Give us a shout out when you can. Let us know your still alive and kickin'! Love you brother.

xo

March 10, 2008 at 7:02 PM  
Blogger Tickledrop said...

Okay Gary. We've got this show here, Mick Martin's Blues Party on CPR that's gonna rocks your socks! I think about you, seriously I really do, everytime I listen to the show. It's on Saturday afternoons from 1-5pm. Listening to Mick is like taking BLUES101 in school. Everything the man plays gets a breakdown and with links connected to it all, contemporary and the originals. He does shows featuring individual artists and also songs -- Crossroads by Mr. King and everybody that has ever covered it -- kind of stuff. Oh, and tell Rob that he plays a lot of her English blues musicians!

Mick brings it all together. I know you will love it and find it worth the effort to listen to. I know I do! I've listened for the last eight years!

Too bad - checking out the site I don't see any archives that we can listen to online after the fact, but WOWZA!check out those playlists. You can stream it while it's live on Saturdays. I tape them, so I've got me lots o' blues brother. ;-)

May 27, 2008 at 12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home